Saturday, March 15, 2008

Branson and Information Gathering

This weekend T and I went to Branson for a day of shopping and relaxation before our new arrival joins us. We drove up Friday and left the kids with with my Mom and Dad. This was my first trip to Branson and I was impressed. The outlet mall had two of my favorite clothing stores, Nike and Polo. I got several things for exercise and work and also got my watch fixed at the Fossil store. The kids made out very well as usual, getting lots of stuff for next winter.

The only attraction we visited was this morning. We went through the Titanic museum and I found it very interesting. While Titanic gets most of the historical coverage because of the crash, most of the pictures you see of the gigantic ship are actually of the "sister-ship", the Olympic. Only smaller by a few inches, it was built on the same plans as the Titanic and actually sailed for several years. If it was built on the same plans, how is it smaller? Makes you wonder doesn't it.

The last store we went to this morning before we left was Bath and Body Works. I was NOT happy to go in there as the smells are so strong that I can hardly stand walking in that place. T had to get some hand soap for our bathroom and I knew it was the last store of the trip so I went in. Once at the checkout counter, we paid our bill and before handing us the receipt, the clerk asked us, "do you have an e-mail address?" First, what kind of question is that? Everyone has email. Do you breathe? Do you sleep? 95% of America has email, probably multiple ones. Tia quickly responded that we didn't needed anything and we left to go.

I was floored. I couldn't believe that they would ask that question. Why would you give them that information so easily. However, as I was standing there a teenager at another check-out counter was giving her cutiepie43@yahoo.com address. HELLO! SPAM! Welcome to millions of emails telling you that you need to smell fruity! Why would you do this? I cannot stand companies sending me information about stuff they think I should have. If I want something, I will visit your store or website. If not, leave me alone.

Anyway, I was happy to be able to spend some time with T. We won't be able to do something like that again for a while. Time to head to bed. Sleep well.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Dude, you haven't blogged in a while. Ought to update everyone. I know you got big plans since last positing...LIKE A HOUSE! Congratulation by the way. Maybe we'll be able to do that one day when some debt is paid off.