Saturday, March 8, 2008

Geeky Shoes

Yesterday ended our "Spring Break" with yet another snow day. While the snow has mostly already melted this morning, it is still 33 degrees according to my Vista gadget. Today I have the kids while Tia and my Mom are off shopping together. The kids are watching some of Toy Story 2 before lunch. Rocky has been on a Buzz and Woody kick lately taking his little action figures everywhere with him. Last night Abi spent the night with Mom and Dad so Tia and I only had one child with us. It is amazing how easy it is with only one of them in tow. In about a month, we will have 3. Hurts the head a little bit. Anyway, we went to Hastings and found nothing worth renting and while Tia walked down to Bath and Body works to look for some hand lotion, I went in to Hibbetts Sports to get something that I was wanting for a long time. I recently got some new running shoes and now needed to get the final piece in order to start using them as they were intended. I purchased the Nike+iPod Sport Kit to go with my Nike+AirMAX180 shoes.

I have spent the morning setting up my account on the website and calibrating the sensor that is now in the shoe. It is really going to be pretty cool. Now I just have to get out and start pounding the pavement again. I have run with my iPod for a long time now and actually have a hard time running without it at this point. Hearing my size 14's hitting the ground and the wheezing coming from my body aren't the best noises to motivate you to trudge forward. If Tia gets home at a decent time this afternoon I am going to try and get my first 3 miles logged. I wonder if blogger has anything to sync with the Nike+ website so that I can post my progress here as well. If they don't, perhaps I can export the graph and then import it here or on Facebook. Either way, I have a new way to keep myself accountable and see how I am doing.

Time to make lunch for the kids...

No comments: