Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spring Break?

This week, the first week in March, is Harding's Spring Break. While almost half of the semester is over, this week has been anything but spring like. Saturday and Sunday topped out at 70 degrees and I thought I was going to be getting in a LOT of golf this week. Monday, it rained all day. Not just a little drizzle. It RAINED. I did read some of a new database book I got, I know geeky, but that was not what I had planned for my Spring Break. As if it couldn't get any worse, Tuesday it snowed most of the morning. This the 4th of March! The kids loved it of course, but golf was looking to be more out of the question. While we got about 2 inches of snow, but the evening most of the snow was gone. Today was again a new day. It ended up being about 60 degrees and I got out and played 9 holes. I actually played pretty well considering there were several soggy spots in each fairway.

The rest of the week should be productive. This morning I spent with the kids while Tia ran errands and then clean and organized the garage before playing golf. Tomorrow I will get some more cleaning and personal things done. I have to go pick up my mom from the airport as she has been in California all week.

My workouts have been going poorly these past few weeks. I have a good plan set up, but I haven't been able to get the discipline in my system to get out and get it done. My shoulder finally is pain free for the first time in a couple months, even when swinging a golf club so I feel like now is the time to start getting in the weight room again.

All in all, a pretty basic entry, but this week has been very relaxing. I should, and will, get a couple of more technical and other things entered before heading back to work.

No comments: